Each year we like to do a gift guide for the frequent traveller/hiker/walker. Here is our 2019 list of stocking stuffing gems. Feel free to post your gift idea below.
- Pocket Blow Torch. Forget trying to light a match in high winds or singeing yourself with a lighter, you will have all your birthday candles lit in no time with this handy dandy pocket blow torch. Super compact they can fit in your pocket, glove box or backpack. (Perhaps don’t put them in your checked luggage though!) The pocket blow torches cost between $10-$20 so a great little stocking stuffer! https://www.bunnings.com.au/tradeflame-pocket-blow-torch-with-refillable-fuel-cartridge_p5910261
2. Viomi Travel Electric Cup. For those that love a good hot cuppa, this little gadget is great for the frequent traveller. While not a new invention, there hasn’t been anything quite so streamlined and sleek as this! Retails for around $55. https://www.banggood.com/VIOMI-YM-K0401-400ML300W-Portable-Electric-Heating-Bottle-For-Travel-Stainless-Steel-Water-Bottle-Intelligent-Temperature-Control-From-Xiaomi-Youpin-p-1592836.html?rmmds=buy&cur_warehouse=CN
3. Small Clip Towel. Practical, super-absorbent, compact and soft to touch. You won’t see guide Rachelle without one of these on the track! She swears by them and at a thrifty price of $15 they are a no brainer on the hiker gift front. https://www.mountainwarehouse.com/au/clip-travel-towel-small-40-x-40cm-p13334.aspx/
4. Travel pillow. Travelling with pillows is a bulky affair and they are prone to use up too much precious cargo space in your bags. Enter the Travel pillow. Great for travel to the Kimberley or Karijini these little guys will certainly beat a rolled up pair of jeans under the head any day! Travel pillows cost around the $30-$35 mark. https://seatosummit.com/product/foamcore-pillow/
5. Camera Lenses kit for your mobile phone! That’s right you heard me, you can now get an attachable telescopic zoom lens for your phone. Perfect when you are trying to capture wildflowers out on the track. Prices start from around $50. https://www.amazon.com.au/Telescopic-Fisheye-Shutter-Compatible-Samsung/dp/B07KZSX71R/ref=asc_df_B07KZSX71R/?tag=googleshopdsk-22&linkCode=df0&hvadid=389139147596&hvpos=1o2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=787399080482121821&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9060904&hvtargid=pla-795923252832&psc=1
6. Silicone Travel Tube. Perfect for sunscreen, shampoo, moisturiser, you name it…. these hardy little tubes are super easy to refill, small enough to fit in your hand luggage/toiletries bag, leak proof and provide quick easy application. And they come in a bunch of fun colours and sizes. Retails from $6. https://www.humangear.com/gear/gotoob
7. Collapsible Coffee Cup. These don’t need much of a write up! They are affordable and are guaranteed to be used and loved. Retails for around the $10 mark. https://www.urbanoutback.com.au/p/light-my-fire-260ml-pack-up-cup-collapsible-w-lid/LMF-PUCUP?gclid=Cj0KCQiA_rfvBRCPARIsANlV66NnIxMPE4D61buLVmvpSovqc_ON4wWyNkpbfF_x0RCWSwPwch9yeZcaAmp1EALw_wcB