Apple and Cabbage Slaw
This Sweet ‘n Tangy Apple and Cabbage slaw is healthy, full of bright flavours and makes a great accompaniment or side for BBQ season.
Prep Time 20 min
4 cups red cabbage
2 cup snow peas/green cabbage/ or lettuce
2 green apples (or 1 red, 1 green)
2 carrots (about 1 cup)
1 small yellow and red capsicum each
1 handful of coriander/parsley roughly chopped
3 green onions (optional)
Ingredients For the dressing
4 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp honey
4 tbsp apple cider vinegar
juice of one lime (about 1 tbsp)
salt & pepper to taste
- Shred the red and green cabbage (or use lettuce instead) into fine strips. Measure 2 cups of the red cabbage and 1 of the green (or lettuce) for color and add it to a large mixing bowl.
- Roughly chop up the snow peas and add to the bowl.
- Grate the carrots using a big holed grater and add it to the bowl along with sliced green onions.
- Roughly chop a small handful of parsley/coriander and add it to the salad mix.
- Lastly, cut the apple into thin match-stick pieces and add it to the salad. If you’re chopping up this sald ahead of time, don’t cut the apple till you’re ready to dress the salad cos they’ll turn brown. Toss everything together well.
- For the dressing start with 2 tablespoons of salad oil in a jar or a bowl.
- Add the honey, apple cider, lime juice, salt, pepper and a light dusting of cayenne to the oil.
- Put the lid on and shake the dressing (if you’re using a bowl simply whisk it with a fork) until the oil and other liquids are mixed well.
- Drizzle over the salad and toss well until everything is coated in the dressing.