Peace of mind with our flexible cancellation terms.
We understand times are still uncertain as we ride the rollercoaster of this pandemic. That’s why we’ve introduced flexible cancellation terms so that if you’re in a pickle, your adventure isn’t.
This means, if you aren’t able to travel or we have to cancel a tour due to a border closure within 30 days prior to your trip departure, we’ll issue you with a travel credit for all monies paid or apply a partial refund if full payment has been received (see table below). The choice is yours.
If you would like to change your departure date for any reason, you can do so up until 30 days prior, for just a $50 amendment fee.
Prior to travel, if you test positive to COVID-19, or are deemed to be a close contact of a Covid-positive person and are not able to come on the tour, the standard cancellation policy will apply (see ‘If you cancel’ column below), as it would with any other illness/injury. We highly recommend taking out travel insurance as many companies are now covering for this eventuality.
Please note that for cancellations for any other reason other than border closures, the standard cancellation policy, which were agreed to at the time of booking will apply.
Common questions regarding COVID-19
- Please expect the unexpected! Australia has community transmission of Covid-19 and we cannot guarantee a tour isolated from COVID-positive people.
- If you are travelling inter-state, be prepared to show your vaccination certificate on arrival.
- Please be aware that some venues & accommodation that we visit/use on tour require proof of full vaccination for entry.
- Whilst on tour, if you test positive to COVID, or are deemed to be a close contact of a Covid-positive person, there may be State Government regulations which will require you to be isolated for some period of time. This would be at your own expense / paid via travel insurance.
- In addition, if your tour guide/s test positive to COVID or are deemed to have been a close contact of a COVID-positive person, we are obliged to follow the State Government Regulations and the guide/s may need to isolate. In this circumstance, it is most likely that the tour will be halted and we will look after you, and make arrangements for you as best we can. Whilst we will do our very best to use the accommodation that has been prearranged, this might not always be possible. Please consider that there may be additional accommodation costs at your own expense which should be covered by your travel insurance.
- For the reason above, we highly recommend taking out Travel Insurance; NiB and Covermore are two companies that offer well-priced products, but please read the PDS to make sure it covers what you need.
- If you are obviously symptomatic for COVID, you may be asked to take a rapid antigen test. If you refuse to take a test, we reserve the right to remove you from the tour, for the safety of others.
- Border entry requirements are changing regularly, so please check the relevant state Coronavirus website for the latest information before travelling.
- Most states currently requires masks indoors; please carry one with you at all times.
- In many states, it is compulsory to check-in to all venues using a Check-in app, and we recommend downloading it before your arrival.
- Please note, that we do not asymptomatically test our guests or guides, unless there is cause to do so.
Are you booked on a tour with credit from a 2020/21 tour and facing a border closure?
Any travel credit from cancelled tours in 2020/21 who have applied their credit on a departure and are now facing a border closure will be issued with another 12 month credit.
Private Tour Bookings: Private group tour bookings do require a deposit at the time of booking, per person; per tour and are subject to the terms and conditions presented to each group.
Read our operational COVID-19 Policy and Procedures on the links below.