We spend four nights staying at the Break in Prevelly, which is a beach suburb about 10 minutes drive from the Margaret River township. The Break has a number of modern, 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom townhouses and we take as many as we need to accommodate the group. One of the houses is set up as “the main house” where we share meals.
One of the rooms in each town house has an ensuite bathroom.
What to bring
- Day-pack one with a waist strap is best to help distribute the weight from your shoulders. A waterproof cover or a bin bag to wrap your belongings in is a good idea too.
- Shorts/long pants and shirts for walking as many sets as you wish!
- Socks whichever thickness you’re comfortable walking in and as many pairs as you like.
- Boots/shoes for walking (make sure you wear them in well)
- Windcheater or lightweight jumper for walking
- Waterproof jacket and (possibly) pants*
- Sun hat preferably wide brimmed with chin strap
- Sun glasses the holders made of wetsuit-type material are excellent to attach to your glasses so you don’t lose them
- Torch/headlamp (just in case)
- Any preferred first aid supplies such as your favourite blister treatment! (Your guide will carry a full first-aid kit)
- Water bottle/s 2 litre capacity
- A lunch container (with freezer brick if desired)
- Fly net (for trips in early summer)
- Camera and charger
- Gaiters for snake bite protection are recommended unless you are wearing long pants and long socks
- Robust sandals for wading/beach sections
- Bathers and towel
- Small towel to carry during the day
- Walking poles
*You have to expect some bad weather at any time of the year down here so bring we weather gear even if the forecast is fine.
With the exception of lunch on the last day, all meals are provided. Breakfast will comprise cereal, fruit, yoghurt and toast. Lunch will sometimes be self-made from supplied breads, salads and meats; at other times the bus will bring us a picnic lunch. Dinner will be a two course home-prepared meal. Please let us know of any dietary requirements. Assistance is appreciated with clearing away and washing up. Each day your guide will carry tea, coffee and home-made cakes or biscuits for your morning tea. Fruit is also available. If you need additional snacks e.g. muesli bars, chocolate etc you will need to supply those. Each evening we offer pre dinner nibbles with the opportunity to taste some local wines and food throughout the week. There will be time for you to purchase your own alcohol and supplies during the week.
Transport is via an air conditioned 12-15 seat mini bus. The bus will take us down from Perth and back and transport us to and from the track and various attractions each day. As the transport from Perth is provided at no additional charge, discounts cannot be offered if walkers choose to find their own way to Margaret River.