$2,425 Twin Share
- Physical Rating:
- Easy/Moderate – Active sightseeing tour
This Alice Springs, Uluru and King’s Canyon tour package offers guests a comfortable as well as adventurous experience of some of Australia’s most recognisable, and spectacular natural sites. Set at a relaxed pace, yet covering all of the major sites, this tour is perfect for those looking to explore our country’s heart, at nature’s pace. Highlights of this package include an Uluru Tour where you will enjoy sunrise and sunset at Uluru, the King’s Canyon Valley of the Wind’s walk, the Sound of Silence Dinner as well as some fantastic water holes, this tour sees it all.
With a small group and a professional tour guide you can trust that this will be a once in a lifetime journey to Australia’s Red Centre.
Uluru & Red Centre Tour Inclusions
- Friendly Guide
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Comfortable touring bus, expertly maintained
- Small Group with a maximum of 12 guests
- National Park Admissions
- Visit to the iconic Telegraph Station
- Memorable Sound of Silence dinner experience under the stars at Uluru
- 4 Breakfasts, 3 Dinners
- Transfer from Ayers Rock to Alice Springs at the end of the tour. Subject to availability, please enquire.
Highlights of this tour
- Witness the captivating beauty of Uluru, which is one of Australia’s most spiritually significant sites. Observe in awe as the impressive sandstone monolith transforms into a vivid display of colors during both sunrise and sunset, offering a truly remarkable and enchanting experience.
- Enjoy a walk through Kata Tjuta, also known as ‘The Olgas,’ which is a remarkable group of 36 towering dome-shaped rock formations. Delve into the fascinating history of this awe-inspiring natural wonder as you explore it on foot.
- Embark on a captivating adventure by hiking across the renowned Kings Canyon plateau, which will take you from the mesmerising sandstone domes of the ‘Lost City’ to the tranquil oasis of the ‘Garden of Eden.’ Revel in the breathtaking sights of the vibrant red rock cliffs and soak in the mesmerizing views of the lush palm forest situated below.
- Indulge in an unforgettable dining experience under the starry sky of the Australian outback with the “Sounds of Silence” billion star dining package. As the sun sets over the vast expanse of the desert, you’ll be served a delicious gourmet dinner accompanied by fine wine and captivating live music. Afterward, relish the magical experience of stargazing with a knowledgeable guide who will enlighten you about the astronomical wonders of the southern skies. This enchanting evening of exquisite food, music, and stargazing amidst the tranquil desert landscape is one you’ll never forget!
The tour starts with a hotel pick up in the comfortably air conditioned minibus. Over the next three days you’ll traverse beautiful backcountry roads with amazing backdrops in this comfortable vehicle. First up enjoy a short sightseeing trip of Alice Springs including a stopover at the ANZAC Hill lookout and a visit to the historic Telegraph Station, where ‘The Alice’ was founded.
Afterwards, depart Alice Springs for Simpsons Gap in the Western MacDonnell Ranges National Park (Tjoritja), where you might spot cute rock wallabies during a short walk. Afterwards relax at Ellery Creek Big Hole, the secret site for Arrernte people and a popular outback swimming spot. Experience the Ghostgum Walk at Ormiston Gorge. Finish the day with a comfortable ride back to Alice Springs and enjoy the changing colours along this truly magnificent range.
Please note: pickup time for today’s tour will be approximately 8:30am.
Accommodation: Mercure Alice Springs Resort (or similar)
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
After breakfast, depart Alice Springs early morning and take the comfortable Stuart and Lasseter Highway across a colourful semi-desert to Watarrka National Park. In the afternoon enjoy the 3 hour walk up and across the famous Kings Canyon plateau, from the sandstone domes of the ‘Lost City’ to the oasis of the ‘Garden of Eden’. Feel on top of the world as you walk along the towering red rock cliffs and take in views of the forest of palms below. Finish the day at Kings Canyon Resort where you will have a typical Outback BBQ dinner and a special camping experience which will make your stay out here very special.
After dinner you will the have the chance to enjoy a relaxed evening around the camp fire at our private campground and take in the spectacular Red Centre night sky before retreating to your personal and very comfortable tent.
Please note: If the temperature is over 36 degrees, the Kings Canyon walk is closed and an alternative activity will be provided.
Accommodation: Kings Canyon Resort – Private Campground (or similar)
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
The day starts with a long drive to Uluru – Kata Tjuta National Park, sit back and enjoy the scenery pass by. Look out for the odd Brumby or Camel.
Once at Kata Tjuta (The Olgas), take a 1-2 hr walk to a popular lookout (dependent on the time of the year it will either be Walpa Gorge or the Valley of Winds) to view the soaring rock domes – these ochre-coloured shapes are an intriguing and mesmerising sight.
The afternoon / evening will be one to remember as we enjoy the sunset at Uluru (Ayers Rock). This must be one of the most recognisable natural sites on the planet and we will follow up the remarkable desert sunset, with the unforgettable “Sounds of Silence” billion star dining experience.
Accommodation: Outback Hotel and Lodge
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
Wringing out what we can of the day, we will be up early to see sunrise on the rock, before a relaxed pace walk to a water hole and some art sights. There will be time to check out the award-winning Cultural Centre as well, if not already visited the day before.
For those flying out of Ayers Rock / Uluru, we will drop you off in Yulara for your free shuttle bus to the airport, otherwise for those who want a lift back to Alice Springs, we will take the highway, and be back in Alice Springs by mid to late afternoon (it’s a 5hr drive back to Alice!)
- OPERATOR : This trip is operated and run by Waratah Adventure Tours, one of our sister companies. You will be travelling with all the same faces but just at a slower pace to our walking tours.
- Length and grade of walks adjusted according to fitness levels – where possible. The Kings Canyon Rim walk is optional as it is slightly more challenging.
- Single Supplement: A single supplement is bookable, subject to availability at the time of booking.
- The Red Centre experiences extreme temperature variations, with scorching heat during the day and chilly mornings and evenings. To prepare for the hot weather, it’s recommended to bring suitable clothing, use effective sun protection, and stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water. For the cold nights and mornings, pack warm clothing (thermals, beanies, gloves and jackets) as temperatures can plummet below freezing!
- On the last day there are two drop off locations, either Yulara townsite to catch the shuttle bus to the Uluru/Ayers Rock Airport or ride with us back to Alice Springs – roughly a 5hr journey.
- This tour is mostly in accommodation but whats an outback adventure without 1 night in a tent! On Night 3 in Kings Canyon you will spend the night in a comfortable semi permanent campsite.
- In the event of unforeseeable circumstances that require a modification to the itinerary or accommodation, we will make every effort to provide a suitable alternative.
Not sure if this is the right tour for you?
At Inspiration Outdoors, we understand that choosing the right tour can be a difficult decision. That’s why we’re here to help make the process as smooth as possible. If you still have questions, give us a call or drop us a line. Whether it’s a question about the tour itinerary or your fitness level, our customer care team is ready to answer it. We have product specialists for every tour who are eager to share their knowledge and help you plan your next adventure.
Our Booking Process
What happens after I book?
After you have filled in a registration form, we will send you all extra information you may need, including a list of what to bring and how best to prepare for the tour.
Payment in full is required at least six weeks prior to the tour (bookings can still be made within six weeks of tour start date if there are places available). We will email or call you to remind you when this is due.
Finally, we will contact you prior to your tour to confirm pick-up times and locations. If you have any questions or concerns at all before or after you have booked, please don't hesitate to get in touch so we can go through them with you.
What are my payment options?
Payment can be made by:
- Direct deposit
- Credit card
Can I cancel my booking?
If you need to cancel your tour;
- 85 days or more, you will be refunded all monies paid, less a $50 administration fee.
- 42 to 84 days prior to departure, you will lose your deposit
- 28 to 41 days: 25% of full tour cost
- 14 to 27 days: 50% of full tour cost
- less than 14 days: 100% of full tour cost, no refund
If you have any concerns about cancelling, please take out travel insurance covering this contingency. This policy will be adhered to despite the most compelling and compassionate circumstances.
Looking for something else?
$4,299 / Twin Share
$3,299 / Per Person
$4,950 / Twin Share
$3,399 / Twin Share