Join the Inspiration Outdoors Team as a casual guide. Apply before 15th February, 2019.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BUT FEEL FREE TO CALL US ON 08 6219 5164 TO LEARN MORE
We are looking for a new guide to join our WA based team. Do you love walking, cycling and paddling in the great outdoors? Are you inspired by people and travel? Can you be fun and professional at the same time? Read on because we want to hear from you.
The Job entails:
We are looking for someone to start in March 2019 to guide multi day walking tours, and potentially mountain biking tours, all over Western Australia (and sometimes further afield). The job entails bus driving, cooking, walking, cycling and story telling/interpretation. You will travel for between 4 and 14 days at a time. There is also the opportunity to work over the summer period with our Rottnest Island Sea kayaking company, giving you 12 months of the year employment.
This is a casual position with tours spaced out through the year. Tours will take you to various locations through WA, and also includes the odd tour outside the state.
Our guides must have CAKE:
– Caring nature. The number one thing we are looking for is a guide with a genuine interest in people and concern for their well being.
– Attentive to details and people’s needs.
– Knowledgable and interested in learning. You might have a particular interest in history, plants, birds, geology (but you don’t need to be an expert)
– Enthusiastic! Lots of energy is required to be a great guide.
Essential Qualifications (can be obtained after interview process)
- Senior or Wilderness First Aid certificate (or higher)
- Medium Rigid driver’s licence
- Endorsement on driver’s licence for driving tourist
Highly Preferred Skills/Knowledge/Experience:
- Guiding Experience, especially on multi-day tours.
- Cooking skills and an interest in wholesome and delicious food. You don’t need to be a master chef, but you should be a little beyond fried eggs and bacon.
- Knowledge and experience of various walking trails. The more the better. The Cape to Cape, Bibbulmun Track, Kimberley and Karijini.
- Physically fit. You need to be comfortable walking for up to 25 km with a 10 kg back pack.
- Open sea kayaking qualification
To apply, please fill out the form below. Please don’t be concerned if you do not have all of the relevant skills/experience required.
We hire for attitudes and can train for skills.