We are seeking Australia’s best guides to join the Inspiration Outdoors team in Western Australia.
Do you love hiking in the great outdoors? Are you inspired by people and travel? Can you be fun and professional at the same time?
Read on because we want to hear from you.
The Job entails:
We are looking for fun energetic guides to start immediately to guide multi day walking tours all over Australia , as well as helping out in our depots to make sure tours depart on time. The job entails bus driving, cooking, walking and storytelling/interpretation, as well as packing for tours and doing some general running around.
In this position you will travel a lot, so homebodies should not apply.
The tours are spaced out through the year and will also take you on other tours Australia wide
Our guides must have CAKE:
– Caring nature. The number one thing we are looking for is a guide with a genuine interest in people and concern for their well being.
– Attentive to details and people’s needs.
– Knowledgable and interested in learning. You might have a particular interest in history, plants, birds, geology (but you don’t need to be an expert)
– Enthusiastic! Lots of energy is required to be a great guide.
Essential Qualifications (can be obtained after interview process)
- Senior or Wilderness First Aid certificate (or higher)
- Medium Rigid driver’s licence
- Endorsement on driver’s licence for driving tourist
Highly Preferred Skills/Knowledge/Experience:
– Guiding Experience, especially on multi-day tours.
– Cooking skills and an interest in wholesome and delicious food. You don’t need to be a master chef, but you should be a little beyond fried eggs and bacon.
– Knowledge and experience of various walking trails.
– Physically fit. You need to be comfortable walking for up to 25 km with a 16kg – 18kg back pack.
To apply, please fill out the form below. Please don’t be concerned if you do not have all of the relevant skills/experience required.
We hire for attitudes and can train for skills.