Lemon Tartlets recipe
Emily’s famous lemon tartlets are always a hit when we make them for dessert on tour. Or if you are like Adam, consume at any time of the day, for instance breakfast!
Ingredients: Makes 12-14
- 3 lemons (you want 120 ml lemon juice and zest from 1 to 2 lemons)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar (generous)
- 120 g butter
- Sweet shortcrust pastry
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Make lemon curd: Place eggs, sugar, lemon rind and lemon juice in a heavy-based saucepan. Whisk to combine. Add butter. Place over low-medium heat. Cook, whisking constantly, for 7 to 8 minutes or until mixture thickly coats the back of a spoon. Remove from heat. Pour into a small bowl. Cover surface with plastic wrap. Set aside to cool completely
- Prepare pastry cases: Meanwhile, lightly grease a 12-hole, 1 1/2 tablespoon-capacity mini muffin pan. Using a 6.5cm cutter, cut 12 rounds from pastry. Press pastry rounds into prepared pan. Pierce bases with a fork. Freeze for 10 to 15 minutes or until firm.
- Cook pastry cases: Bake pastry cases for 15 to 16 minutes or until light golden. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Spoon lemon curd into each pastry case.
- Serve with whipped cream, mint and berries
On any of our 2 camping tours we do the cheat method. Great for when you need to whip up a tasty dessert in no time at all!