Kangaroo Island – Flinders Chase, Nature & Wildlife Day Tour
$535 per person
Kangaroo Island is blessed with an abundance of spectacular scenery, natural marvels and wildlife.
Experience nature at her most spectacular as you visit the Flinders Chase National Park at the western end of the island and discover the awe-inspiring formations of Remarkable Rocks and Admirals Arch. Delight in a mouth-watering gourmet style picnic lunch and see kangaroos and other native wildlife in their natural habitat.
This tour is bookable in combination with the Kangaroo Island Wildlife Discover tour (Code: KIOW1) as a 2 day tour (code KI23CC).
- Morning pick-up and evening set-down from your selected Kingscote or American River accommodation or Kangaroo Island, Kingscote Airport
- Small group size, maximum of 8 guests per departure
- 4×4 touring (subject to a vehicle change in the event of unforeseeable circumstances) with expert commentary from your driver/guide
- All entrance fees and special permits
- Visit Flinders Chase National Park
- Wander among the amazing Remarkable Rocks and see Long-nosed Fur Seals at Admirals Arch
- See one of South Australia’s first Lighthouses at Cape du Couedic
- Gourmet style picnic lunch with Kangaroo Island in an Australian bush setting
- Explore stunning beaches and coastlines of Kangaroo Island
- See koalas and other native wildlife
Please note this tour is only available departing Kingscote or American River on Kangaroo Island and does not connect to the SeaLink Ferry.
Valid for travel 01/04/2023 – 31/03/2024
Adult: $535 per person Child: $510
CYBER SALE Prices: Adult: $455 per person Child: $434
Valid for travel 01/04/2024 – 31/03/2025
Adult: $585 per person Child: $439
CYBER SALE Prices: Adult (1/4/24 – 30/9/24): $497 per person Child: $373
- Additional night accommodation on Kangaroo Island pre or post (standard Room) and return ferry and Drop-off the next day
- Accommodation upgrade
- Language Guide
Early morning pick up from the Kangaroo Island, Kingscote Airport or your chosen Kingscote or American River accommodation by your local KI guide for the day.
Travel to the western end of the island and discover the remarkable Flinders Chase National Park, one of the oldest and most important national parks in South Australia. The park incorporates almost 20 per cent of the island and much of it is a Wilderness Protection Area which is home to a variety of fauna and flora unique to Kangaroo Island.
At Admirals Arch see where the powerful forces of nature have cut through the headland to create this natural geological formation. Watch some of the 10,000 healthy Long-nosed Fur Seals in their colony at Cape du Couedic and take a stroll around the historic Cape du Couedic Lighthouse and Weir’s Cove.
Next, discover the picturesque formations of Remarkable Rocks. These large granite boulders balance dramatically on the cliff edge, which plunges 75 metres into the Southern Ocean.
Enjoy a delicious gourmet style picnic lunch in a secluded scenic location.
In the afternoon, explore some of the most spectacular beaches on Kangaroo Island and marvel at the stunning coastlines the island has to offer. There will be many photo opportunities along the way for you to capture long lasting memories of your time on beautiful Kangaroo Island.
Your tour concludes at either the Kangaroo Island, Kingscote Airport or your chosen KI accommodation.
- Tours may be available in the following languages Italian, French, German, Spanish, Japanese and Mandarin. Subject to availability upon request.
- Prices are per person and valid 1st April 2023 to 31st March 2024, for other dates please enquire.
- Prices shown include an English speaking guide. Tours with a Language guide incur an additional charge, which will be confirmed upon booking.
- Child price available for children aged 3 to 14 years.
- Public touring is not suitable for children under 7 years of age, we recommend booking a private charter (price on application).
- Infants under 3 years of age require a private charter.
- Bookings that include car seats for children will incur a $50 per seat charge.
- Minimum passengers 2. Maximum passengers 8.
- Itinerary is subject to change as the touring is flexible and can be adapted to the client’s interests and weather conditions on the day.
- Please advise any special dietary or allergy information at time of booking.
For flight options to/from Kangaroo Island, please refer to our Getting to Kangaroo Island information.
What to Bring: Camera supplies on Kangaroo Island are limited. Bring plenty of spare batteries for your camera or video recorder, sunscreen, sun hat, comfortable walking shoes and casual/comfortable clothes also a warm top and a rain jacket can be required any time of year. Do not forget personal medication and some binoculars often come in handy!
Luggage Limits: Luggage limits are 15kg per person as touring is in small 4WDs. This will require ‘packing down’ to one smaller bag per person. When this is necessary, excess luggage can be stored at your Adelaide accommodation
Not sure if this is the right tour for you?
At Inspiration Outdoors, we understand that choosing the right tour can be a difficult decision. That’s why we’re here to help make the process as smooth as possible. If you still have questions, give us a call or drop us a line. Whether it’s a question about the tour itinerary or your fitness level, our customer care team is ready to answer it. We have product specialists for every tour who are eager to share their knowledge and help you plan your next adventure.
Our Booking Process
What happens after I book?
After you have filled in a registration form, we will send you all extra information you may need, including a list of what to bring and how best to prepare for the tour.
Payment in full is required at least six weeks prior to the tour (bookings can still be made within six weeks of tour start date if there are places available). We will email or call you to remind you when this is due.
Finally, we will contact you prior to your tour to confirm pick-up times and locations. If you have any questions or concerns at all before or after you have booked, please don't hesitate to get in touch so we can go through them with you.
What are my payment options?
Payment can be made by:
- Direct deposit
- Credit card
Can I cancel my booking?
If you need to cancel your tour;
- 85 days or more, you will be refunded all monies paid, less a $50 administration fee.
- 42 to 84 days prior to departure, you will lose your deposit
- 28 to 41 days: 25% of full tour cost
- 14 to 27 days: 50% of full tour cost
- less than 14 days: 100% of full tour cost, no refund
If you have any concerns about cancelling, please take out travel insurance covering this contingency. This policy will be adhered to despite the most compelling and compassionate circumstances.