$615 per person
Your guide will take you on a personalised tour of Kangaroo Island to see Australian sea lions, kangaroos, koalas and native Australian birds in pristine wildlife settings. This one-day tour is a perfect introduction to this unspoilt and natural wildlife haven and you’ll soon see why Kangaroo Island is one of Australia’s iconic nature-based destinations.
This tour is bookable in combination with the Kangaroo Island Flinders Chase, Nature & Wildlife Day Tour (Code: KIOW2) as a 2 day tour (code KI23CC).
- Morning pick-up and evening set-down at selected Adelaide hotels (Coach/Ferry option only) or Kangaroo Island accommodation
- Small group size, maximum of 8 guests.
- Return scenic coach transfers to Cape Jervis taking in the picturesque Fleurieu Peninsula with its vineyards, coastal views and rolling hills (Coach/Ferry option only)
- Return transport to/from Kangaroo Island by SeaLink Ferry (Coach/Ferry option only)
- Personalised 4×4 touring with expert commentary from your local Driver/Guide
- All entrance fees and special permits
- Enjoy a delicious gourmet picnic style lunch with in a natural bush setting
- Morning or afternoon tea
- Unforgettable beach walk to see Australian sea lions at Seal Bay Conservation Park
- Explore beaches and take walks through majestic native bush land
- See koalas, kangaroos, wallabies, echidnas, and birdlife
Valid for travel 01/04/2023 – 31/03/2024
Adult: $615 per person Child: $590
CYBER SALE Prices: Adult: $523 per person Child: $502
Valid for travel 01/04/2024 – 31/03/2025
Adult: $630 per person Child: $473
CYBER SALE Prices: Adult: $536 per person Child: $402
Please note you can join this tour in Adelaide with an optional Pick up and Drop off to Adelaide Central Bus Station. This optional extra includes the SeaLink Ferry and coach transfer.
- Pickup and Drop-off to Adelaide. Includes ferry and bus transfer $192 per person
- 1 or 2 nights accommodation on Kangaroo Island pre or post tour (standard Room)
- Accommodation upgrade
- Language guide
Tour through several island habitats and see wildlife in their natural environments. Kangaroo Island is a haven for Australian wildlife, which exists in its natural habitat without the threat of introduced predators. Listen to the distinct sounds of the native birdlife as they chorus from the tall eucalyptus trees.
Kangaroo Island is home to some 250 species of birds, many of which, through isolation from the mainland, have developed their own subspecies and are therefore unique to Kangaroo Island. As you travel the island keep an eye out for echidnas, wallabies, reptiles, and wildflowers.
At the spectacular Seal Bay Conservation Park, your guide will escort you on a memorable walk along the beach. This bay is home to a healthy Australian sea lion colony. Walk among the sea lions as they bask on the beach or among the sand dunes after their extensive fishing expedition. With your guide, you can stand at a safe distance to these wonderful, endangered creatures and hear them sigh and watch them at play. This is a truly unforgettable experience — one that you will treasure forever.
Enter our exclusive Heritage-listed natural bush property to enjoy a delicious gourmet picnic style lunch. Follow your lunch with a pleasant bushwalk or a stroll along the beach. Travel through the island’s interior keeping an eye out for koalas and echidnas. Explore spectacular beaches and enjoy a bushwalk. Listen for Australia’s rarest cockatoo, the Kangaroo Island glossy black cockatoo and watch out for the Tammar wallaby, with its small fine features, in its natural habitat.
Later in the afternoon, as the day draws to a close, see the kangaroos leave the safety of the bush to begin grazing on the open pastures. Your tour concludes in Penneshaw in time for the *optional return ferry to the mainland and coach transfer to Adelaide or an optional nights accommodation on the Island.
*Speak to one of our customer care team at time of booking to help you arrange this.
- Tours may be available in the following languages Italian, French, German, Spanish, Japanese and Mandarin. Subject to availability upon request.
- Prices are per person and valid 1st April 2023 to 31st March 2024, for other dates please enquire.
- Prices shown include an English speaking guide. Tours with a Language guide incur an additional charge, which will be confirmed upon booking.
- Child price available for children aged 3 to 14 years.
- Public touring is not suitable for children under 7 years of age, we recommend booking a private charter (price on application).
- Infants under 3 years of age require a private charter.
- Bookings that include car seats for children will incur a $50 per seat charge.
- Minimum passengers 2. Maximum passengers 8.
- Itinerary is subject to change as the touring is flexible and can be adapted to the client’s interests and weather conditions on the day.
- Please advise any special dietary or allergy information at time of booking.
For flight options to/from Kangaroo Island, please refer to our Getting to Kangaroo Island information.
What to Bring: Camera supplies on Kangaroo Island are limited. Bring plenty of spare batteries for your camera or video recorder, sunscreen, sun hat, comfortable walking shoes and casual/comfortable clothes also a warm top and a rain jacket can be required any time of year. Do not forget personal medication and some binoculars often come in handy!
Luggage Limits: Luggage limits are 15kg per person as touring is in small 4WDs. This will require ‘packing down’ to one smaller bag per person. When this is necessary, excess luggage can be stored at your Adelaide accommodation
Not sure if this is the right tour for you?
At Inspiration Outdoors, we understand that choosing the right tour can be a difficult decision. That’s why we’re here to help make the process as smooth as possible. If you still have questions, give us a call or drop us a line. Whether it’s a question about the tour itinerary or your fitness level, our customer care team is ready to answer it. We have product specialists for every tour who are eager to share their knowledge and help you plan your next adventure.
Our Booking Process
What happens after I book?
After you have filled in a registration form, we will send you all extra information you may need, including a list of what to bring and how best to prepare for the tour.
Payment in full is required at least six weeks prior to the tour (bookings can still be made within six weeks of tour start date if there are places available). We will email or call you to remind you when this is due.
Finally, we will contact you prior to your tour to confirm pick-up times and locations. If you have any questions or concerns at all before or after you have booked, please don't hesitate to get in touch so we can go through them with you.
What are my payment options?
Payment can be made by:
- Direct deposit
- Credit card
Can I cancel my booking?
If you need to cancel your tour;
- 85 days or more, you will be refunded all monies paid, less a $50 administration fee.
- 42 to 84 days prior to departure, you will lose your deposit
- 28 to 41 days: 25% of full tour cost
- 14 to 27 days: 50% of full tour cost
- less than 14 days: 100% of full tour cost, no refund
If you have any concerns about cancelling, please take out travel insurance covering this contingency. This policy will be adhered to despite the most compelling and compassionate circumstances.
Looking for something else?
$2,449 / Twin Share
$3,399 / Twin Share
$2,425 / Twin Share